Monday, July 5, 2010

The past 10 Months

Let me give you a brief overview of the last 10 months of my life. It all starts with a new roommate and a new man in my life. The roommate added a lot of extra stress in my life, which made me a really grumpy person. Also made me fight harder against my abuse trying to live in denial and act like it never happened. The man in my life was my only sanity that I had. My breath of fresh air and my escape from my reality. It all changed in November of last year.

Before I continue any further I must tell you that my father was an abuser to me as a child. However, his abuse is not what I am having memories of that haunt me in my sleep. My memories are of other men and with me being at a much younger age. My father started sexually abusing me when I was about 10 and starting to develop. He is also the one that abused me mentally and physically. Such a great man he was! I have a lot of issues with my father especially when my family found out what he was doing. It became a battle between family, of the ones who believed and supported and of the ones that wanted denial.
I left my house at 17 to get away from my father and it has been a battle to stay away from him since. The battle is that my brothers still want a relationship with him and want to live in denial. This means they have him around a lot and want me to have a relationship with him. This is not going to work.

Now after that brief bit of information, you might understand my horror on Thanksgiving last year when my dad showed up at my house the day before to admit to me what he had done over the years while asking for forgiveness. You can imagine the turmoil that soon joined in my horror.

No comments:

Post a Comment